Digital Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Specialist
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for a wide variety of customer facing and behind-the-scenes marketing activities designed to assist in driving sales via the e-commerce sales channel. The employee will assist in the creation of a monthly marketing calendar and is responsible for the development and execution of these activities. Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking is essential. This position requires thorough understanding of marketing and website performance metrics and benchmarks, helping drive and optimize key traffic and engagement metrics including deliverability, open rates, CTR, engagement and retention.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the development, maintenance and execution of the monthly digital marketing schedule through the use of SMS, email collateral, video, web content, social media; update the websites and social channels accordingly.
- Develop and implement marketing, merchandising, and promotional strategies across multiple channels, including email, SEO, and brand websites.
- Develop and execute targeted emails, own list growth strategies, maintenance, segmentation, and analysis.
- Partner with manager on development of merchandising strategies and techniques to drive content utilization and educate consumers.
- Implement and maintain onsite SEO best practices, including content development creation and execution, to support channel growth.
- Proactively manage campaigns and projects from inception to completion.
- Contribute to an excellent consumer experience by ensuring proper testing and implementation of marketing assets, web content, links, and navigation paths.
- Prepare and share reports, monitor and track trends, and incorporate data into larger integrated marketing and ecommerce recaps.
- Work with partners to design, develop and execute promotional programs and maintain up-to-date branding and content.
- Coordinate strategic go-to-market efforts across multiple departments and with outside sales representatives.
- Analyze market data to identify trends that contribute to the overall marketing strategy.
- Stay current on the latest market developments and identify latest trends that will improve marketing programs and user experience.
- Continuously identify additional activities to support the marketing schedule through promotions, price reductions, bundling or other incentives.
- Experience gathering industry research, competitive landscape information and trade intelligence for SEO strategy development and optimization.
- Provide backup support for quality assurance of data as needed.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Knowledge of sporting goods a plus.
- Experience with e-mail marketing software
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Must be data focused, detail-oriented and capable of handling multiple projects at once
- Ability to take direction and work well with multiple teams
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to various web based software applications
- First-class written and verbal communication skills with a strong aptitude for spelling and grammar
- Must be innovative and internally motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to stay organized and self-motivated; ability to respond and execute quickly
- Familiarity with our website, products, and/or the sporting goods
- Must have proven ability to work independently.
- Must have ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships and to deal effectively and courteously with other employees, vendors and the public.
- Must have ability to read, understand and interpret written materials and oral instructions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Working conditions are indoors with the exception of special events.
Monkey Sports offers medical, dental, vision, 401k with employer match, vacation/sick time, and employee discounts.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume with a cover letter and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.